We all love a nice cold beer at home, watching TV, outside in the garden… But nothing quite beats an ice cold near on draught! Wouldn’t it be great to have that perfect pint right in your kitchen!
The Sub – Home Draught by Krups Review
The idea is you have to finish off each TORP before you put a new one in, due to them being pressurised.
The Krups Sub chills the beer to 2 degrees for a perfect tasting pint! We have found that the best way to get your next TORP ready is to pre-chill it in the fridge, that way it doesn’t take long for The Sub to get it at the perfect serving temperature. Once it is ready the light goes green and you are ready to start pouring.
- Chills to 2 degrees (a fridge is 6 degrees)
- Dimensions: 455 x 235 x 335 mm
- Weight: 6.8Kg
- 2 Litre TORP capacity
- 2 Year-warranty
- Noise level: 25DB
- A+ Energy rating
In the box
- The Heineken Sub
- Drip tray
- 0.9m power cable
There are various models of The Sub available, the colour choice is really just a preference, but we quite like the look of the Heineken Sub model. They offer the; Heineken edition, Black edition, Rouge edition and the Grey edition. As you can see below all are pretty trendy looking options.
Performance and Usage
The thing is with something like this, you really don’t want something that isn’t dependable and doesn’t work. The Sub comes with a 2-year warranty which is a good piece of mind, but also shows that they are producing a good quality product that they stand by.
It feels sturdy and durable, something that you want when you are relying on it in the warm weather after a busy day.
One of the TORPS will stay fresh for up to 15 days once inside of The Sub, plenty of time to get 2 litre’s of your favourite beer supped! Speaking of your favourite beer there is an ever growing range of beers available from Krups, including;
- Gosser Zwickl
- Birra Moretti
- H41 Wild Lager
- Brand Up
- Pelforth Blonde
- Wieckse Witte
- Hofbrau Kaltenhausen Gandolf IPA
How to pour the perfect beer
- Check the temperature of the Krubs Sub – make sure the light has turned green, that shows it is at perfect pouring temperature! You can speed this up by pre-chilling your TORPs.
- Make sure you use a clean and freshly rinsed glass.
- Tilt the glass at a 45-degree angle, this will keep the foam level correct and you will be pouring like a pro!
- When your glass is nearly full, start to straighten your glass and push the handle back up. If you want more foam then simply decrease the angle of the glass, for less foam, increase the angle. For a perfect foam, you are looking for around 2 fingers worth.
Pros and Cons of the Krups Sub
- Easy to set up.
- Easy to use.
- Looks great in your kitchen.
- Makes a lovely pint.
- A little tricky to get used to the amount of foam at first.
The Sub really is a fantastic addition to any kitchen or man cave! If you are feeling really flash you could build a home bar with a few of these, really impress your friends with several different beers on draught for your next party!
The pint’s it produces taste perfect, the right temperature really hits the spot too. We would definitely recommend you invest in one or two.
The Heineken Sub by Krups
The Sub by Krups is a home draught solution, bringing you the perfect draught beer of your choice right to your kitchen! Read our review to see how it stacks up.