Fed up of having to wash up loads of pans in order to prepare a ‘simple’ meal? The Andrew James Sizzle to Simmer Slow Cooker will ensure that you can produce delicious meals for the whole family without using every pan in the house in the process.
Andrew James Sizzle to Simmer Slow Cooker Review
- Capacity – 3.5 litres
- Volume Capacity – 3.5 litres
- Power Wattage – 200 watts
- Weight – 3.4Kg
The Andrew James Sizzle to Simmer Slow Cooker comes in a stylish silver colour, complete with digital display screen and toughened glass lid.
Performance and Usage
The Andrew James Sizzle to Simmer Slow Cooker is so versatile because it can be used on the hob first to brown off meat or fry off onions and other vegetables before you add stock or a sauce. The removable crockpot can be used on an electric or gas hob before being placed into the slow cooker for the remainder of the cooking time.
The toughened glass lid allows you to see your delicious meals as they cook without lifting the lid and losing heat. Safety is the priority here too, with the toughened glass designed to reduce breakages.
The Andrew James Sizzle to Simmer Slow Cooker also comes complete with a programmable timer delay and 3 heat settings. The timer delay allows you to decide when you want your slow cooker to turn on – allowing you to time it so that your meal is ready just as you walk in at the end of a full day at work. The timer can be programmed to turn off the cooker after 2 to 20 hours, and the three heat settings allow you to control the cooking process.
Adaptable Slow Cooker
The standout feature of the Andrew James Sizzle to Simmer Slow Cooker is that is can be used in so many different ways. Having the ability to sear or saute first means that there are very few recipes that can’t be easily adapted to be cooked in this slow cooker.
Whats in the box?
- 3.5L Capacity Slow Cooker with the digital display screen
- 3.5L removable cooking pot
- Toughened Glass Lid
To get the best from this Slow Cooker here are a few handy tips:
- Ensure you include enough stock so that your recipe doesn’t cook dry
- The removable cooking pot can be washed in a dishwasher, but it comes up better when hand washed
- Going on a self-catering holiday? Take your slow cooker with you for easy meals whilst away, although you might struggle to get it through airport security.
Pros and Cons
- A countdown timer is shown on the digital display so you know how much cooking time is left.
- The pot is large enough to cook a whole chicken in
- Set up and use of the digital timer is very simple
- If you want to alter the time or temperature you must stop cooking and reset – you can’t change these as you go
- No recipe book is provided with the slow cooker
- This slow cooker can get quite hot and is difficult to reposition in the kitchen once it is hot
The Andrew James Sizzle to Simmer Slow Cooker is great for anyone who likes to prep their meal first thing, set a timer and then come home to a hot, delicious meal in the evening. The timer delay and three heat settings give you loads of control over the cooking process and allow you to serve up moreish dishes every night.
For an alternative Slow Cooker review, please check out our review of the fantastic Crock-Pot Duraceramic Saute Slow Cooker.
Andrew James Sizzle to Simmer Slow Cooker
The Andrew James Sizzle to Simmer Slow Cooker is great for anyone who likes to prep their meal first thing, set a timer and then come home to a hot, delicious meal in the evening. The timer delay and three heat settings give you loads of control over the cooking process, and allow you to serve up moreish dishes every night.