Best Robot Vacuum Review
- 1 Best Robot Vacuum Review
- 2 Best Budget Robot Vacuum
- 3 Best Value Robot Vacuum
- 4 Best Performing Robot Vacuum
- 5 In the box
- 6 Best Robot Vacuum (Overall Winner)
- 7 The Bottom Line
The process of cleaning floors has greatly changed since our childhood days. Traditional cable vacuums have steadily been replaced by robot vacuums, the newest fad in the vacuuming world. Whereas stick vacuums remove the need for a power source, robot vacuums go a step farther and eliminate the need for you to take part in the vacuuming process at all.
All you need to do is program your vacuum and let it do its work. You don’t even have to be at home for cleaning to take place. Robot vacuums can be preprogrammed to run on select days and select times.
Benefits of a robot vacuum
- Allows for scheduled cleaning without human interaction
- Allows for easy cleaning of hard-to-reach areas of the house
- Convenient and saves time
Disadvantages of a robot vacuum
- Can’t clean upstairs
- More expensive than other types of vacuums
When selecting robot vacuums for this review, there are a variety of factors we put into consideration. These include price, the efficiency of cleaning and ability to reach tight spots. As such, this review features an affordable high-quality vacuum, a valuable moderately priced one and a high-end buy.
Best Budget Robot Vacuum
The Eufy RoboVac 11
With just the click of a button, the Eufy RoboVac 11 can clean every nook and cranny of your house. Its powerful suction, rolling brush, and side brushes make sure that your home is always spick and span. We also love the fact that it comes with 3 cleaning modes (Spot, Edge, and Max) and a triple-filter system that help get rid of stubborn dirt stains.
Other features of this robot vacuum include its protective anti-scratch glass cover, the obstacle detecting infrared sensor, and drop-sensing technology. The Eufy RoboVac 11 ships with an AC power adapter, a charging base, a remote control, 4 side brushes, a filter, a cleaning tool, a welcome guide, and a one-year warranty.
Benefits of the Eufy RoboVac 11
- Quiet operation
- Perfect for hard floors
- Easily cleans tight spots
- Never falls off edges
Disadvantages of the Eufy RoboVac 11
- Its dust collector is small
- Unsuitable for thick high-pile carpets
- Dimensions: 33 × 32.6 × 7.8 cm
- Dust collector capacity: 0.6 litres
- Suction pressure: 1000 Pa
- Batteries required: 2 AAA Li-ion
- Battery life: 1.5 hours
- Charging time: 5 hours
With its high cleaning efficiency and ability to evade both obstacles and edges, the Eufy RoboVac is one robot vacuum that you won’t regret buying. At such a low price tag, there is no better option.
Best Value Robot Vacuum
iRobot Roomba 605
For a long time now, the iRobot brand has been associated with high-quality vacuum cleaners. One of its greatest products is the Roomba 605, a robot vacuum that features several sensors that allow it to vacuum by itself by using navigation technology known as iAdapt.
Due to its spinning side brush, it can clean along edges, allowing for thorough floor coverage. The fact that this robot vacuum can evade obstacles and drop-offs is yet another quality you’ll love. It helps that the Roomba 605 ships with a user manual, home base, and iRobot battery.
Benefits of the iRobot Roomba 605
- Easy to use
- Solid and sturdy build
- Automatically charges itself between vacuuming sessions
Disadvantages of the iRobot Roomba 605
- Its filter needs to be cleaned after every use
- Weight: 3.6 kilograms
- Dimensions: 34 × 34 × 9.2 cm
- Battery type: NiMH
- Power: 33 watts
- Noise level: 60 dB
Not only is the iRobot Roomba 605 highly efficient, but it also has a sleek and modern exterior. Although it isn’t the cheapest robot vacuum on the market, its amazing qualities make it worth the extra cash.
Best Performing Robot Vacuum
The Samsung VR7000
Samsung has long been known for producing high-quality electronics ranging from television sets, cameras, laptops and smartphones to refrigerators, music systems and vacuum cleaners. No matter which Samsung product you buy, one thing is for sure; you won’t regret it.
It is therefore not surprising that the Samsung VR7000 is one of the most popular robot vacuums available today. This vacuum comes with a ton of features that make it stand out from its competitors. These include:
- Full View Sensor 2.0 that maps the room in order to identify the optimal cleaning path. This results in high cleaning efficiency
- An extra slim body that makes it easy to clean hard-to-reach areas of the house
- Powerful suction for increased cleaning efficiency
- Large wheels that allow the vacuum to move seamlessly over obstacles
- Wi-Fi control that allows you to use your smartphone to control the vacuum even when you’re away from home
- The self-cleaning brush that keeps dust and hair from clogging it
- Edge Clean Master feature for effectively cleaning edges and corners
- Intelligent Power Control that cleans each floor type with its optimum suction power
- CycloneForce feature that prevents clogging
- Point Cleaning system that directs your vacuum to wherever you want it to go at whatever time you want it to
In the box
- Remote control
- Power cable
- Docking station
- User manual
Benefits of the Samsung VR7000
- Can be voice controlled by use of selected Alexa devices
- Easy to set up
- Cleans efficiently
Disadvantages of the Samsung VR7000
- It is noisy when on maximum suction
- Weight: 4.3 kilograms
- Dimensions: 34.8 × 34 × 9.7cm
- Battery type: Lithium-ion
- Power: 60 watts
- Noise level: 77 dB
If you are looking for a powerful feature-rich robot vacuum and don’t mind spending a small fortune on it, then the Samsung VR7000 is just what you need. Considering all that it offers, it is not surprising that it costs a pretty penny.
Best Robot Vacuum (Overall Winner)
The Samsung VR7000
While the Samsung VR7000 is significantly noisier than the iRobot Roomba 605 and Eufy RoboVac 11, it is much more powerful. Its great power results in high suctioning ability, leading to high cleaning efficiency.
In fact, we are yet to find a robot vacuum that removes dirt as well as the Samsung VR7000. Another attractive quality of this robot vacuum is its ability to be voice controlled through the use of some Alexa devices. This allows you to send your vacuum on a cleaning spree by voicing a simple command.
It is undeniable that the Samsung VR700 is much more convenient and user-friendly than the other robot vacuums featured in this review. If you can afford it, you should definitely buy it.
The Bottom Line
In this era of increased digitalization, machines that can operate without any human interaction are becoming more and more popular. As such, there is an increasing demand for robot vacuums. The fact that some of these vacuum cleaners can even be controlled by voice is a quality most of us find very appealing.
Due to the fact that the market is now flooded with robot vacuums of every kind, choosing one has become very difficult. That is why we decided to come up with this informative review. This review is a result of thorough research and every featured vacuum has been found to be efficient and highly durable.
No matter which one you choose, we are confident you won’t regret it.